About the job
Take advantage of this exciting career opportunity with a successful and growing company enabling distribution utilities across North America to embark on their digital transformation journey. Envision the future and help us get there. Utilismart Corporation seeks a highly motivated, experienced, and organized team player to join our growing team.
As a Proposal Specialist, you will collaborate with all departments to develop accurate descriptions of how the company can provide the services to satisfy customer needs and requirements. The Proposal Specialist will develop a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s capabilities, business, products, and services. We offer competitive employee benefit programs to enhance employees’ health and quality of life. Our RRSP contributions allow you to plan for your future confidently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop sales proposals that respond to RFQs, RFIs, RFPs, IFPs and any other formal sales processes.
- Write, edit, format and proofread other sales proposals to ensure they comply with customer requirements and instructions while accurately describing the organization’s capabilities while ensuring the proposal’s quality and structure.
- Ensure proper tracking and workflow management for each project to ensure successful on-time completion.
- Produce all documents required to support sales and marketing processes.
- Work with internal partners, including all relevant stakeholders, to determine strategy and approach for each proposal.
- Develop good working relationships with proposal team members and provide support and guidance to less-experienced team members.
- Present/demo products and services
- Represent the organization at various meetings and industry events
- Support other sales and marketing processes
Requirements and Skills
- BSc or BA in business administration, sales or marketing
- Exceptional communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- 5+ years of experience in managing RFP processes/proposals
- Strong project management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills (business and formal academic writing)
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix formatting errors
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to translate customer requirements to organizational capabilities and identify gaps
- Excellent MS Office and CRM software skills
- Vehicle, driver’s license and frequent travel
Utilismart Corporation is a dynamic company with a portfolio of solutions that enable digital utility transformation. Utilismart data-driven solutions help utilities gain capabilities and realize efficiencies in regulatory accounting, meter-to-cash process automation, wholesale settlement, grid visualization, outage management, engineering analysis, work order management, asset management, energy management, and customer engagement.
Utilismart Corporation is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. It welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Click here to learn more about Utilismart.
If you think you fit the bill, send a resume and cover letter through to email@example.com or apply on LinkedIn.