We’re growing and looking for a senior software developer to join our team to help accelerate our product development, building and maintaining new and existing products in use by electrical utilities across North America. This is currently a full-time remote position. The future is to be determined but may include some in-office time in a hybrid setup, with an office in Windsor, Ontario.
At Utilismart, we build SaaS products for electrical and water utilities to help them manage their electric grid, analyze their massive amounts of data, and make informed business decisions.
You can contribute to some of the following, and the more the better!
- You have a minimum of five years of experience building software professionally
- You care about writing clean code, improving your craft, and creating value for users
- You can work effectively in a remote environment
- You are a generalist or are interested in becoming a generalist – it’s great to have strengths in specific areas, but we think it’s important to be able to work in a database, on the server-side, and on the client-side when needed
- You have experience designing and architecting large features or entire systems from scratch, and seeing those designs through the implementation phase
- You know how to design and build applications that are fast and will scale when dealing with massive amounts of data
- You’re willing and capable of training and mentoring early-career developers
- You’re willing and capable of helping the team maintain high-quality standards through code review, unit testing, etc.
We have multiple product lines and work with the following technical platforms & languages. You don’t need experience with all of these, but experience with some of these is an asset.
- C# .NET (.NET Framework as well as .NET Core)
- Kx for Sensors
- Mobile (Android/iOS)
- Git with Azure DevOps
- Remote work (full time, for now, the future TBD but at least part-time remote forever)
- Funds for educational resources
- RRSP matching up to 6% of salary per year
- Annual bonuses and salary increases as part of the performance review process
- Health and Dental plan
Utilismart invites applications from all qualified individuals. Utilismart is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Click here to learn more about Utilismart.
If you think you fit the bill then send your resume and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org.