Utilismart Corporation and Screaming Power have teamed up to deliver the Green Button Toolset (GBT) solution, powered by UtilityAPI technology, for Ontario Local Distribution Companies.
The GBT solution will provide Ontario Local Distribution Companies and their customers with a toolset to easily access their electricity and natural gas data and share it with third-party vendors in a standardized format. The GBT solution is ready for implementation, proven to work, and is hosted and operated in Canada. It meets and exceeds the regulatory requirements and needs of small, medium, and large Local Distribution Companies, especially third parties requiring the Green Button data to advance their business capability, enable energy efficiencies and accelerate the adoption of green technologies.
The Utilismart and Screaming Power team have created a flexible solution that Local Distribution Companies and third parties can efficiently utilize and integrate with their business processes. The Green Button Toolset solution provides the tools for engaging third parties, ratepayers, and the market, and it is capable of achieving the OEB mandated objectives sooner. The GBT solution supports Local Distribution Companies-specific branding, which enables consistent customer experience.
The Green Button Toolset implementation team includes experts who have years of experience integrating digital strategies for utilities and enterprise energy users, offering the Ontario energy marketplace a proven, mature product that satisfies Ontario’s unique requirements. The GBT implementation team will facilitate Green Button certification on behalf of Local Distribution Companies.
How Does the Green Button Toolset Work?
- Third-Party Registration Form
- Access to Sandbox Environment and Test Data
- Testing and Developing Third Party Application
Local Distribution Company Approval
- Go Live (Approval)
- Listing in Directory
Energy Customer Authorization
- Selection of the Third Party
- Data Sharing Authorization Form
- Authorization Receipt
Thrid-Party Full Access to Energy Customer Data
- Immediate and controlled data access through the dashboard and/or API
- Export data in Green Button and other formats
How to share data with third parties in a secure manner?
- Adopt a resilient data-sharing infrastructure that enables innovation and energy transition
- Enable data sharing authorization processes that ensure confidentiality and an provides audit trail
- Provide secure, controlled data access to third parties
- Use existing innovative technology that allows for secure data interchange
- Use the only proven Green Button solution supported by the US Department of Energy (DOE) and SOC 2 Type II compliant with the highest privacy standards
- Use Ontario’s only ISO 27001 certified utility services provider, ensuring the highest information security management
The GBT solution can operate as a stand-alone secure web-based application that does not require integration with existing customer portals. Optionally, the solution can integrate with customer portals for authentication purposes.
Many Ontario Local Distribution Companies have started implementing Green Button strategies. The Utilismart Corporation and Screaming Power team is available to help and guide Local Distribution Companies on the technology adoption path that will meet the needs and implement a secure, cost-effective Green Button infrastructure. Our GBT implementation team is the most capable, knowledgeable, and experienced related to Green Button standard, implementation, and utility data management and publishing in general.
Many Local Distribution Companies plan to adopt the same GBT solution provided by Utilismart and Screaming Power. This cooperative approach will enable them to work together, creating cost and other operational efficiencies.
Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free one-hour consultation. Our team is ready to explain why our GBT solution is the best in class.